Tezpur University Courses
Updated on: Mar 18, 2013
Tezpur University offer various postgraduate, certificate, diploma and doctoral courses. Given below is the list of courses offered by Tezpur University
School Of Science And Technology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemical Sciences
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Department of Food Processing Technology
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Comm. Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of English and Foreign Languages
- Department of Cultural Studies
- Department of Mass Comm. and Journalism
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Energy
- Department of Environmental Science
- Department of Business Administration.
- Diploma in Repairing and Maintenance of Consumer Electronic Equipments
- BTech in Computer Science and Engineering
- BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- BTech in Mechanical Engineering
- M.Sc. in Polymer Science
- M.Sc. in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Master in Computer Applications
- M Tech in Electronics Design & Technology
- M. Tech in Bio electronics
- M.Tech. in Information Technology
- M.Tech in Energy Technology
- M.Tech in Computational Seismology
- M.Sc. in Mathematics
- M.Sc.in Physics
- M.Sc.in Nano science & Technology
- M.Sc. in Food Processing Technology
- M.Sc in Environmental Science
- M.A.in Cultural Studies
- MA in English
- M.A.in Mass Communication and Journalism
- M.A.in Sociology
- MBA (Full Time)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Tourism Management
- Certificate Course in Entrepreneurship Development
The Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology came into existence in 1997 with a view to imparting advanced knowledge in the areas of basic and applied science and to evaluate qualified manpower in the arena of Molecular Biotechnology.
The department offers two courses
- MSc in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Phd in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Bioremediatioin and MEOR
- Biochemical assessment of snake venome
- Plant tissue culture
- Isolatioin and characterization of active compounds of medicinal plants
- Cell biology
- Transgenic bacteria
- Malaria parasite.
Only 20 seats allotted in the department and the admission is being done through Combined Entrance Examination.
Department of Mass Communication and Journalism
The Department of Mass Communication and Journalism was established in the year 2001 to improve the quality of journalism and media education in the entire North-Eastern region.
The department offers courses in Television Journalism and Production, Visual Communication, New Media Technology, Film Studies, Advertising and Public Relations, Development Communication, Communication Research Methods and Applications etc.
The department offers a two-year (four semesters) Master's programme in Mass Communication & Journalism with an intake of 26 students.
The department provides facilities like exclusive computer laboratory, audio-video studio and well equipped library with almost 1000 books relating to the disciplines.
Department of Management Studies
The Department of Business Administration was founded in 1995. The department is approved by AICTE.
The department of Business Administration offers two courses as follows:
- M.B.A (Full time) programme
- M.B.A (Part time) programme.
- Ph.D programme.
The engineering Department offers programmes in the following disciplines:
1. Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
Courses under this department:
Courses Under this department:
- Electronics Design & Technology
- Ph.D Programme
- M.Sc in Food Processing Technology.
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering